Thursday, May 20, 2010

Glorious Mother's Day (lolli day)

Lil Miss Mackenzie, you gave Lolli a Mother's Day (our first together) she will never forget! It was one of the most blessed family days I have ever felt.

Now, I might need to give Pops, Mommy & Daddy, Aunt Nicole & Uncle John and Aunt Lori & Uncle Rich a little credit here. They organized the perfect day for all of us!









We started with brunch...the weather was glorious...and we strolled through the Dallas Arboretum for the day.

There is so much beauty there...words will not suffice.



Maybe the next time we go, you will be awake ;p.



You stayed awake long enough to get your bottle...I snapped a quick photo. The only one I got the entire day with your pretty eyes open!



and snapped this real quick...




Pops really wanted you to wake up...



And you totally missed his story about Peter Rabbit! We got you a Beatrix Potter copy of Peter Rabbit...so we will certainly read the story later (when you're more than 2-1/2 months old).



And look at Ferdinand!



And my gifts...sugar pie...I loved them!



Months ago I found this artist on Etsy.com, shared that I loved her work and would really love to have this necklace. I think a little bird (Pops) must have shared that with Mommy & Daddy. (Thank you to all involved...I do so love this necklace).







Sweet girl, Lolli and Pops do believe the angels sang the day you were born.

I also got new photos of you...you are growing up so fast. That probably sounds like and eccentric grandmother...well ok, I probably am.



I read this the other day...

"I learned a lot about the faithfulness of God from my grandmother. I know I was never far from her thoughs. She showed that in a thousand ways...letters written to me at school, phone calls, little gifts purchased here and there with me in mind. She delighted in caring for me but not because of anything I did, but simply because I was hers."

I hope to be that kind of grandmother...that you always know I love you so - always. Because, you are ours.

Lolli and Pops will get to spend the night at your house this weekend...and I can't wait! I just don't think this week will ever end.

Sweet girl, I pray for you daily...

And love you beyond words (and so does Pops).

Love,
Lolli

No comments:

Post a Comment