Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Your First...Our First

Age: 2 months old




Little Miss Mackenzie,

Lolli and Pops were so happy that you, Mommy and Daddy all came to stay the night with us. Your first sleepover!

You even got here early enough to cheer at your first Tiger softball / baseball game.

As usual, Pops grabbed you first...and I had to practically wrestle you from his arms to get a turn to hold you.




I tease Pops about him "hogging" you...but deep down...I so love that he is so possessive of you. It's symbolic, to me, of his fierce love for you - and I love it!



And we got the best surprise when it was time to tuck you in. Mommy and Daddy invited us into the bedroom, we all held hands (starting and ending with you), and prayed with that cute little bear..."Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep..."

Mackenzie - moments like this will be burned into my heart forever.



I will get to see you again in just a few days. We are all going to meet at the Dallas Arboretum for Mother's Day lunch and family photo day! Might not sound so great to someone else - but to Lolli it's a dream day.



Can't wait to hold you, and getting to love on you (as soon as Pops hands you over) ;p (never worry...I can make up for lost time). I love you, and God hears your name daily.

Love,
Lolli

P.S. I have big news...it's all about "time"

No comments:

Post a Comment